In this review, you’ll get an in-depth look at Linear Intercom, including key features, pricing and a side-by-side comparison with important components to consider when looking for a video intercom system.
For more reviews and comparisons of apartment intercom systems, visit the best video intercom systems guide.
Table of contents
- Linear Intercom Key Features
- Linear Intercom Price
- Linear Intercom Review
- Linear vs. Swiftlane Intercom
- Guide to Apartment Intercom System
- Best Video Intercom Systems
- The Best Apartment Intercom Systems
- Apartment Intercom System with Door Release
Linear Intercom Key Features
- Two-way voice calling. Residents can answer visitors’ calls from their phone and unlock the door or open the gate by pressing 9.
- Installs on regular telephone lines
- Can support from 2 doors to up to 64 doors or more
- Compatible with commonly used long-range readers and VoIP adapters
Linear Intercom Price
Linear EP-402 Entry Pro: ~$1299
Linear EP-436 Entry Pro: ~$2499
Linear EP-736 Entry Pro: ~$3816
EP-EXN Expansion Node: ~$660
Linear Intercom Review
- Does not require an additional PC or software to install
- High-Bright display options for direct sunlight applications
- Custom reports and quick-searches available to manage residential accounts, guests and personnel access
- Lack of integration options
- Need to have landlines installed in the whole building for connection
Linear vs. Swiftlane Intercom
Linear Pro is a part of the GTO family, which has been providing door operators, garage openers, and access control systems since 1961. The Company’s flagship Linear Entry Pro Telephone Entry System is basically an audio-only intercom system with the option to add a video camera. The system works with a large range of controllers, peripherals, credentials, and accessories.
Linear Intercom is a reliable solution for residential buildings that have telephone lines already installed in them. This is a simple and intuitive solution for basic visitor management needs, although it has its limitations based on the outdated technology that’s acting as its foundation.
Alternatively, cloud-based systems have their benefits such as administrative flexibility, remote capabilities, integration options, and more.
To navigate which system will be right for your video intercom needs, we have reviewed their system and compared it to Swiftlane Video Intercom for a comprehensive look at all the industry offerings.
|Swiftlane Video Intercom
|Door station with buttons and navigation
|Any device with Swiftlane app
|LCD display with navigation
|On-screen via Swiftlane app
|Optional internally mounted RFID reader
|Built-in mobile and face recognition credentials
|Press 9 on telephone
|Remote via Swiftlane app
|Two-way video calling
|Temporary digital pin codes available
Find a Video Intercom System For Your Building
Get a free quote or talk to a Swiftlane specialist about choosing the right intercom solution for your needs.