Swiftlane is an early stage, VC funded startup based out of San Francisco. We are a strong team of over 30 members, working on creating a very unique and modern experience for building security. Swiftlane provides the ability to open doors using just face recognition. Swiftlane’s products allow visitors to start two video intercoms from a door, to a person and remotely unlock doors. It’s designed to modernize the access control experience for offices and large apartment buildings. Our founding team built many great experiences at companies like Facebook, Instagram, and Lyft Self driving team.
Job Description | Senior Android Engineer
We are looking to hire a senior level Android engineer for long-term cooperation to extend our mobile team. We are building a modern and high-tech smart access control system for buildings. We have a mobile app that allows users to unlock doors wirelessly and manage access to them. We have a huge list of things we are going to add to the app so you’ll be working on adding new functionality. We need someone who can take a high sense of ownership with a desire to build an incredible product.
We Are Looking for Someone With the Following Abilities and Qualities:
- At least 5 years of Android development experience
- Experience with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) is a plus
- Experience with NFC is a plus
- Experience with Android Jetpack is required
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal) to be able to collaborate effectively with team members across the globe.
- Able to join video calls and communicate via Slack with the team
- Desire to be a remote engineer with the flexibility to work in Pacific Time Zone at least between 9 am to 12 pm.
- Past experience working for San Francisco startups is a plus
- Develop on a modern admin dashboard against React, Redux, Typescript
- Skills to work on modern technologies like webrtc video calling, browser push notifications, completely responsive designs
- Ability to help develop a modern marketing website using React, Gatsby, GraphQL
- Desire to take initiative to make things better by improving code base as well as overall system reliability.
- You are looking to have personal impact through your work, inside the company.
Our Android Technical Requirements
- MVVM as architecture pattern
- RxJava for multithreading (we are planning migration to Kotlin Coroutines)
- Dagger2 for DI (we are planning migration to Hilt)
- Room as database
- Retrofit for networking
- Bluetooth Low Energy
- minSDK is 23
- Experience with camera APIs
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send an email to email@example.com with the link to this job posting, your resume, and an introduction about yourself. We look forward to talking with you!